What are the benefits of a motorway driving course?
Motorways are the one type of road we are unable to teach you in preparing for your L-test, so take the opportunity to learn and improve these valuable skills whilst still under the guidance of a professional. Gaining these extra driving skills and being more confident on the road can only be good for your own safety and that of others.
Motorway driving courses are ideal for drivers who want to build up their experience or improve their motorway driving skills to a higher level, to drive more safely or with more confidence on these types of roads.
A motorway course is suitable for people who:
- Have passed their driving test recently but not driven at all, or very little, on motorways
- Have had a long break between the last time they drove on a Motorway and are seeking to refresh their skills
- Need to drive on the motorway on a more regular basis than they are used to, for example, for a new job
- Moved location and need more confidence dealing with busy motorways situations
- Have a lack of confidence in particular situations e.g. joining and leaving the motorway.
If any of these situations sounds familiar to you, a motorway course is the logical next step.
We will work with you on a one-to-one basis, during which time we will cover:
- Effective journey planning
- Joining and leaving a motorway, and using slip roads effectively
- Safe and appropriate speeds in different circumstances, including use of acceleration sense
- Effective observation and early planning
- Motorway signs, signals and markings
- Overtaking and lane discipline
- Courtesy to other road users
- Motorway fatigue
- Breakdown procedures and use of emergency phones
- Use of lights, including hazard warning lights
- Dealing with debris on the carriageway
- Handling and planning for crosswinds
Why not call us today and see how we can help you?